NOW MY TAKE
”We want better artists who compose sense, maturity, moral education and the likes. Who the hell is Kwaw Kese and the so called shatta wale. Please give us a break with all these nonsense people calling themselves stars. Stars indeed… We have better things to do as a nation not to promote such lunatics who call themselves stars.. I wonder what legacy they leave behind for the young and upcoming ones.”
How does aging affect male’s primary sex organ? It is a question that seeps into every man’s mind, no matter what his situation may be. Whether single, married, healthy or unhealthy, a man’s body will eventually go through some changes.
Here is a brief rundown of what men can expect to occur as they age:
Penis Appearance & Size
As man crosses the prime sexual period, 30 years in many cases, the male organ undergoes some significant changes. The penis head gradually loses its color due to reduced blood flow, and pubic hair loss can be observed in some cases. If a man puts on excess weight, and as he ages, the organ loses its girth and length. The size loss can be reversible when caused by weight gain, but not when caused by aging. There is nothing to worry about if you notice the reduction in the size, since it simply happens due to reduced blood flow.
At least two mechanisms cause the penis to shrink. One, the slow deposition of fatty substances (plaques) inside tiny arteries in the penis, which impairs blood flow to the organ. This process, known as atherosclerosis, is the same one that contributes to blockages inside the coronary arteries — a leading cause of heart attack.
If penile scar tissue accumulates unevenly, the penis can become curved. This condition, known as Peyronie’s disease, occurs most commonly in middle age. It can cause painful erections and make intercourse difficult. The condition may require surgery.
As men age, the testosterone level falls, and when this hormone level falls in the body, it takes more time to achieve erection and orgasm. Moreover, unlike the younger age, the recharging or ‘re-arousal’ time will be longer too. As men reach 40, semen production starts getting lower, and the erection quality also starts going down. In many cases, the prostate enlarges which weakens urine flow and may cause other complications.
These days, our ladies are picking up a new lifestyle of dying their hair in different colours and styles, but how many of them have really taken a critical look at what these dyes contain and the danger it poses to them?
The normal Ghanaian attitude of picking habits and lifestyles without investigation is what’s killing us in this country. This is why we buy used fridges that are said to be depleting the ozone layer, cooking in home-use utensils which are supposed to be non-stick but are all scraped, posing dangers to our health. I don’t know how to call it…ignorance? Hair dying is another of such dangers without any proper investigation.
Before I elaborate on the dangers these dyes poses to our women, you need to ask yourselves, have you ever tried to find out what these dyes contain?
According to dermatologists, a surprisingly high number of hair dyes have various types of potential allergens, many of which can cause rashes on your scalp, neck and chest.
During a recent presentation at the 24th Annual Meeting of the American Contact Dermatitis Society , research from 100 hair dyes were presented. The results? 89% of the products were found to have phenylenediamine (PPD), which can cause a condition called allergic contact dermatitis.
“There’s no real reason your body should identify PPD as a pathogen, but sometimes, it does. So it activates an immune response that results in a rash,” says Dathan Hamann, a researcher at the University of Arizona who presented the study.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t end with PPD: the researchers also found that hair dyes have, on average, up to six different dye compounds that can potentially pose a health risk.
Based on this study, experts recommend that:
- If your current hair dye doesn’t cause a reaction, you should be safe to keep using it (though you may still want to do a patch test before application).
- If you aren’t currently using hair dye, conduct a patch test before application.
- If you notice a reaction, be sure to consult with your doctor and/or a dermatologist.
“It’s not just putting a spot of dye on your skin per the product’s instructions,” Hamann explains. “It’s when your dermatologist applies different compounds to the skin to identify the root of the problem.”
Ghanaian cuisine has diverse traditional dishes from each ethnic group, tribe and clan from the north to the south and from the east to west. Generally, most Ghanaian recipe dishes are made up of a starchy portion (rice, fufu, banku, tuo, gigi, akplidzii, yekeyeke, etew, ato etc) and a sauce or soup saturated with fish, snails, meat or mushrooms.
Some of the main starchy Ghanaian recipe dishes are:
A popular side dish in Ghana is kelewele. It is sometimes served with rice and stew, and sometimes eaten alone as a dessert. Another popular dish is kontomire which is mashed up taro (cocoyam) leaves. It is often mixed with bits of tuna and egusi (pumpkin seeds) and dressed with palm oil. An alternative to the starch and stew combination is “Red Red”, a very popular and easy to find dish. It is made up of a mashed bean stew served with fried plantain. It earns its name from the red spices that tint both the stew and plantain. Other popular dishes are ampesi (boiled yam and unripe plantain)which is usually accompanied with kontomire, groundnut soup, usually made with chicken, gari foto, nyadowa (garden egg stew) Tilapia, fried whitebait (chinam), smoked fish and crayfish are a common component of Ghanaian dishes. The cornmeal based starch dishes, banku and kenkey are usually accompanied by some form of fried fish (chinam)or grilled tilapia and a very spicy salsa like condiment made from raw red and green chillies, onions, tomatoes. Banku and tilapia is a very popular combo served in most Ghanaian restaurants. Ghanaian cuisine is quite sophisticated with liberal and adventurous use of exotic ingredients and a wide variety of tastes, spices, textures. Herbs such as thyme, bay,vegetables such as wild mushrooms, garden eggs (similar to egg plant) various types of pulses, ginger,garlic, smoked meat and fish, crab, trotters, duck all feature in Ghanaian cuisine. The stew is, together with the soup, the most traditional meal. Stews are made of chicken, beef or fish as the main meats and some of the most famous are: the kontomire stew, the chicken and the fish stew.
- Cooked rice
- Waakye – rice and beans
- Fufu – pounded cassava and plantain or pounded yam and plantain, or pounded cocoyam
- Banku/Akple – cooked fermented corn dough and cassava dough
- Kenkey/Dokonu – fermented corn and cassava dough, wrapped in corn or banana leaves and cooked into a consistent solid pasteKokonte – from dried cassava chips
- Gari – made from cassava Most Ghanaian dishes are usually served with a stew (often based on tomato with other protein cooked in it) or soup. The most popular soups are groundnut soup, light soup, and palmnut soup. Okra soup and stew are also popular. Usually rice and kenkey are served with soup or stew, while banku, fufu, akple and konkonte are served with soup.
There is a famous dressing in Ghana: the peanut dressing, sweetened with cinnamon, spiced with chili powder and salt and fresh chives for garnish and added mostly on ripe and firm chopped avocados, but also on other kinds of salads. The groundnut soup, which is very exotic, the mushrooms and snail soup or the greens soups are specific to different the Ghanan regions. The plantain, fried or boiled is served as a main course and as a vegetarian dish. The tatale, or the Ghanan plantain cakes are made of ripe plantains, chopped or grated onion, flour, palm oil and salt is served hot as the main vegetarian course. The gari foto is another vegetarian dish, which is also a side dish for stew. The Ghanan desserts are almost all based on the local fruit, the banana. For all of you home cooks out there, please make sure you try and make this at home, it is THE BEST soup you will have ever tasted I promise you!! As you can certainly tell this is my favorite dish and in my opinion is one of the most amazing Ghanaian recipes out there.This Ghanaian recipe of peanut soup appears on the menu in many African countries. This smooth, creamy version thickened with both peanuts and peanut butter gets its sweetness from yam. A warm reddish brown, the soup is fragrant with sweet spices, intensely flavored, earthy and piquant. Europeans brought peanuts from South America to Africa in the early 1500’s where they caught on quickly because of their similarity to the native African bambarra groundnut. In the U.S. it has become traditional to serve this soup when celebrating the seven days of Kwanzaa. Substitute vegetable stock for a deliciously rich vegetarian soup
1.Gift Wrapped ~ a.k.a. The Horny Mantis
Benefits: Relaxing position with deeper penetration and increased intimacy.
Both of u lie on ur sides facing one another. She bends and spreads her legs, and angles her vagina toward u. U lift ur legs between hers to enter while she wraps her legs around ur back. (U also have to be long to do this…Ahem!)
Now try this: She can use her legs and feet to pull u close during thrusts for deeper penetration.
WATERFALL (a.k.a. Head Rush)
Benefits: The blood will rush to ur other head, too.
Lie back with ur head and shoulders on the floor and hav her move to the edge of the bed as she straddles u. The blood will rush to ur head creating mind-blowing sensations as u climax.
The Fusion ~ a.k.a. Getting a Leg Up
Benefits: Quicker orgasms for her… easier motions.
From The Spider, she can lift her legs onto ur shoulders, which increases the muscular tension that advances the orgasm sequence. By elevating her butt off the bed, it’ll be easier for her to thrust and grind in circles..like alikoto!!
Snow Angel ~ a.k.a. Bottom’s Up
Benefits: She gets a prime view of ur derriere…aka butt
This is challenging tho… She lies on her back while u straddle her facing away. She lifts her legs and wraps them around ur back to elevate her pelvis so u can enter. She then grabs ur butt to help u slide up and back. She can add a little massage action to her grip also.
#Sweet tight sensation#
All parents need a little advice now and then. These days, we living in a world where humans have become predators onto their own kind and children are the vulnerable ones. One look in the news and all you can say is OMG!!! when you hear children being raped, being convinced into drugs, homosexuality, etc.
The question always goes like, “What were the parents doing?”, the world always has a way of making every parent look irresponsible when their ward gets into such situations. In other not to let such things happen, as the saying goes, “Charity begins at home”, you have to teach your children how to protect themselves and to do that you need to give them some guidelines and this is what I wish to share with you.
As the Bible says in Proverbs 22:6, “Train up a child in the way he should go, and even when he is old, he will not depart from it”. Here is my list of things to teach your children at an early age, to protect them from predators and pedophiles out there.
1: Warn your Girl Child Never to sit on anyone’s laps no matter the situation including uncles.
2: Avoid Getting Dressed in front of your child once he/she is 2 years old. Learn to excuse them or yourself.
3. Never allow any adult to refer to your child as ‘my wife’ or ‘my husband’
4. Whenever your child goes out to play with friends, make sure you look for a way to find out what kind of play they do, because young people now sexually abuse eachother.
5. Never force your child to visit any adult he or she is not comfortable with and also be observant if your child becomes too fond of a particular adult.
6. Once a very lively child suddenly becomes withdrawn, you may need to patiently ask lots of questions from your child.
7. Carefully educate your grown ups about the right values of sex . If you don’t, the society will teach them the wrong values.
8: It is always advisable you go through any new Material like cartoons you just bought for them before they start seeing it themselves.
9. Ensure you activate parental controls on your cable networks and advice your friends especially those your child(ren) visit(s) often.
10. Teach your 3 year olds how to wash their private parts properly and warn them never to allow anyone touch those areas and that
includes you (remember, charity begins from home and with you).
1. You have not peaked.
Thought your hormones might be at an all time high, emotionally and creatively, you’ve still got a lot of years of amazing sex ahead of you.
2. You need to use a condom. Seriously.
We’re not kidding, kids. Just because she might be on the pill doesn’t mean you should go bareback. STDs abound, and not all of them can be cured with a course of penicillin.
3. Do not play fast and loose with your birth control.
As point number 2 illustrates, you should take birth control seriously. Take your pill at the same time every day, know the effects of antibiotics on female birth control, and always, always verify that your partner is safe.
4. Sex with a committed partner is usually better.
Unless you are someone who really loves getting your rocks off with a stranger, committed-sex is actually better. I know, I know, you think you would grow bored with just one person, but studies have proven that a deep emotional connection leads to better orgasms.
5. It’s okay to have a higher-than-average number of sexual partners.
So long as you are practicing safe sex, get your freak on. It’s okay to experiment!
6. The “pull out” method does NOT work.
We’d like to think they would have drilled this one into you in high school, but just to be clear, pulling out still carries the risk of pregnancy and STD transmission. Why, you ask? Two words: pre-cum.
7. If you want to say no, say no.
You are under no obligation to go along with something just because you feel you have to, or to please your partner. If you change your mind mid-way through and want to stop, say so. A respectful, mature partner will respect that.
When it comes to partners and moves, feel free to experiment. Read books, check out movies, talk to your friends. So long as everyone is safe and consenting, do your thing!
9. And speaking of experimenting, don’t assume that your sexuality is set in stone.
Sexuality is a fluid thing. While you might not have been attracted to the same or opposite sex in your teens, that may change. Most people are pretty firm in their sexuality by this point, but don’t rule out a new experience just because you are sure you’re straight or gay.
10. You are gorgeous.
No matter what you may think about yourself (“I’m too tall, I’m fat, I’ve got bad skin.”) you need to remember that it’s all in your head. It’s time to release the insecurities that have been holding you back and impeding your sex life. Remember, confidence is the sexiest thing a person can project. So go out and rock that beautiful body!
The truth sets free those that know Him and imprisons those who reject or fail to know Him. We are set free when we identify the truth and run or walk with His dictates. This truth is embedded in the various commands of Yahweh. One of these commands says keep yourself from idols-1 John 5:21; 1 Corinthians 10:14. The Lord’s commands are easy-1 John 5:3 yet many find it hard to comprehend and obey.
Understanding what idol means will make it easier for many to keep away from it. Idol is not a strange word. While idol may sound common, one will be surprised to find that many do not know what idol is all about. Besides human rebellion and besides manipulation and wrong delivery of the scripture by people that teach others, ignorance of meanings accounts for the reason we worship idols. Worship of idol is idolatry.
Any form of worship of idols or disproportionate devotion to, or reverence for some person, (church leaders for example), or thing (such as money and power), is called idolatry. Idolatry is a costly sin that will in the end lead many who practice it into second death-1 Corinthians 6:9; Revelation 21:8.
An idol is an image or representation of a creator used as an object of worship. This type of Idol occurs in the form of graven image, false creator, religious and political birthdays, effigy, golden calf, shrine, etc. Idol also is a person (political or religious leader) or thing (political or religious power, wealth, accolade, ego or fame) that is greatly admired, loved or revered; others include hero/heroine, superstar, icon, celebrity, etc.
In reality, idols are impotent blocks of human creation whose powers exist only in the minds of the worshipers-Revelation 9:20. An idol could be you and I, our wealth, our parents, children, siblings, and friends; an idol is any person or thing that strips our focus on Elohim to that person or thing including the body of Christ, which is also called church, when we tilt our attention to the body instead of the head.
An idol replaces the one true Creator (YAHWEH) in the minds of idol worshipers. This happens consciously and unconsciously. Idol behaves like a very strong drink in that it creates a strong false of confidence and blocks the attention and mind of created beings against Yahweh. It creates a false sense of hope and gives us total wrong impression that we are on the right lane and direction where as Idol leads mankind to the land where there will be gnashing of teeth.
The testimony of Scripture is that God alone is worthy of worship. Idol worship robs God of the glory that is rightfully His, and that is something He will not tolerate-Isaiah 42:8.
As we read this, there are religions that bow before statues and icons, a practice forbidden by Yahweh. The importance Elohim places upon idolatry is reflected in the fact that the first of the Ten Commandments refers to idolatry:
‘You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD, am a jealous Elohim, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me’-Exodus 20:3-5.
Idolatry extends beyond the worship of humans, images and imaginary human objects of veneration. Our modern idols are many and varied. True, while not everyone rebels against Yahweh by bowing or prostrating physically before a statue, humans, religious/political figures or objects, many of us rebel against Him through pride, self-centeredness, greed, gluttony, a love for possessions and lust-Colossians 3:5.
Elohim hates idolatry more than any other rebellion; Yahweh alone is worthy of worship; Are you involved in idol worship? As long as we live, it is not yet late to retract from our worship of idols be it humans or objects and human imaginations.
May all the glory be unto Yahweh.
This is what we got today when we met MR EDMOND OWUSU OFORI from Italy and this is what he said when we were searching for the top secret in a distance relationship.
We all started from a very small scale somewhere in Ghana koforidua. Our relationship was a distance one it stated from 2008 in our SHS school .when we both planed to leave our lives together as husband and wife as young as we were God was on our side I first got the chance to travel to stay with my parents after school the moment I left was like my whole life has come to an end.
I loved her soo much that I couldn’t concentrate even though I was far from her ,what really got us in touch was communication 24/7 on all social network name them all (whats app, viber ,tanto,Facebook ,Twitter etc)and I was very focused on her I eat ,sleep ,wake up ,think ,dream and it was all about her
She is very faithful ,trustworthy ,hard working ,a real African woman ,and very good In communication.I love my wife MRS ROSELYN OWUSU OFORI (roana of GIJ)
Ever since I meet her I have never regretted I fell in love with her
We are still young and fresh couples each time I see her face to face my heart strikes like have just seen her for the time and the feeling I get within me is soo deep.
We have our wedding videos on YouTube (Eddie and roana wedding ceremony )
But my advice to the up coming couples I will say,just know what you want in your woman the very thing that dulls in her that makes u love her for no reason and also THE LOVE !! THE LOVE!! THE LOVE!!!! should never stop .
So to our up coming couples the be focused ,always stay online to communicate and your love should never stop!!!
BY Praise Fowowe
Naturally, I am not one to speak on matters like this because even though I am called to the family life industry, I try to mind my business. But events of the past 2 years have proven that I can no longer be quiet about this matter because we can’t fold our arms and watch the marital institution become a mockery.
A friend buzzed me to share a burden on the need for us to pray for our men of God because the devil is attacking their marriages. I was a bit taken aback because while I agree that every bad thing that happens is made possible by the devil, he can’t also operate without human connection. How can the devil slap you without entering someone whose hand is available to do the slapping?
That brings me to the issue of divorce. Our soft-sell magazines are awash with stories of pastors in their 3rd and 4th marriages and all sorts happening. And someone called me to ask why we are experiencing this. I will attempt to answer his question because many reasons could be attributed to it:
1. A man of God is not God, he is a man: Unfortunately, we treat our men of God as if they are spirits who don’t live in a human body. What do we expect when we saddle them with our numerous issues. Unfortunately, many are not wise enough to say No to church members whose lives will continue if they drop dead. Church members have academic problems, they go to a pastor; they have financial problems, they go to the pastor; they have marital problems, they go to a pastor as if the man is built to solve every problem and in our quest to prove that we are superstars, we also fail to embrace the use of professionals who are trained in these areas because of our hidden fear of losing respect. What stops a man of God who knows his marriage is in danger to take a back seat and allow a church member whose marriage is a model take the message on a Sunday that marriage is meant to be discussed? You are not built to solve every problem. As a matter of fact, you are like an entrepreneur coordinating the various factors of production. You must understand that there are many MOGs in the congregation who are not answering to any title. What task would you give Bill Gates if he were your church member or you would go ahead to preach on social media when you have Mark Zuckerbeg in your church? It is only God that is omniscience; we are not and must not try to pretend that we are or allow people make us one.
2. Anointing doesn’t give immunity to divorce: The same way anointing doesn’t give immunity to sexual sins, it doesn’t also give immunity to divorce. It takes more than anointing to make a marriage work. I have seen the people we refer to as unbelievers build a fantastic marriage while I have also seen loads of tongue-talking believers make a shipwreck of theirs. The most important ingredient required to build a winning marriage isn’t prayers; it is knowledge and if you don’t have it, you can’t pray it in. I tell people that your anointing won’t stop you from sleeping with church members if you have sex problems. As a matter of fact, you don’t have to have sex problems. If you position yourself around babes consistently in the name of ‘My daughter in the Lord’ and you don’t draw a critical line, it’s only a matter of time. My story is everywhere on how I was a sex addict in church after being born again yet leading praise worship and leading people to Christ until I became real with myself and went to get help. What you don’t have, you don’t have it and you can’t also fake it to make it. Every counselor needs a counselor and every pastor needs a pastor who may not necessarily be a title carrying person because the problem with us in this part of the world is that we assume a laity isn’t anointed as long as he doesn’t pastor a large church. There are so many people that God has endowed with the wisdom to solve most of the problems many pastors are going through. Daniel was a politician; Nehemiah was the head of a brewery. In Aso Rock, how many men of God would listen to such a fellow? If you are beating your wife, don’t pretend you don’t have anger problem, you need to get help from a psychologist or a psychiatrist.
3. There is no relationship without communication/relaxation: So many men of God don’t communicate with their spouses. You can’t expect an abandoned flower to thrive and blossom without your attention. I honestly think many of us saddle our wives with church work that they are not prepared for. I don’t believe that because a man is a pastor necessarily means his wife must be a Pastor Mrs(my opinion). God’s callings and gifting aren’t by marriage. Many of us need to spend more time with our spouses. I can’t understand the calling that makes a man of God remain in Nigeria while he sends his wife to Germany to pastor the branch of the church over there. Excuse me, you are a human being who needs emotional attention. Unfortunately, that is a reality in many ministries. I need to say that you are a man of God on the pulpit, but at home you are a lover and a father to your children. So you might learn to drop the Bible and Christianity on the altar so that you can communicate with your wife and your children in human language. Even Jesus spoke with his mother and his disciples and even the crowd in a language they will understand. I was invited to a meeting years ago and I asked the ministers there the last time they had a dance with their spouses? I was shocked that most of them admitted that it was during their wedding. What tells us that God would be angry if you attend Salsa lessons with your wife as a pastor or you think that would reduce the anointing or make you lose respect? Relationship needs communication to thrive and you must learn your spouse’s communication clues, love languages and even personality traits. I think many women’s social lives are dead simply because they married a man who is a pastor and they are being forced to live a life that is not theirs. Unfortunately, it is only a matter of time because you can’t hide who you are for too long.
4. Isolation isn’t spirituality: Jesus never isolated himself. As a matter of fact, he was found in everyday places like our present day shopping malls and movie houses. I see a lot of young pastors who have aged faster than they should be because of isolation. Something tells us that we need to isolate ourselves to receive a word for a people who are being ‘pastored’ only during the service because many of them are really being influenced more by their favorite musician than their pastor. Don’t allow church members turn you into who you are not because if you don’t hang out with your babe, they would spread your story when your marriage breaks down. When was the last time you met your pastor in a bus, a mall, a restaurant or a cinema? As a matter of fact, when was the last time he was stuck in traffic and you saw him? If you have answered No, then most likely your pastor is a spirit. I am aware that we have some top MOGs who could be embarrassed by going to such places, but we created that system in the first place. If a man wants to live in isolation, he should please not get married so that we can save the body of Christ all this embarrassment.
5. Wisdom is in the city square: If a man of God is inadequate on a particular subject, it is not shameful to get help. As a matter of fact, it is humility to look for help from people that have studied that particular subject. Age or longevity in ministry isn’t the same as wisdom. There could be something to learn from someone we have categorized as a sinner. So, when I hear someone make statements like there is nothing an unbeliever can teach me, I often want to ask who taught him how to speak English or understand Mathematics. God has created us to be interdependent, that is why I would submit myself to the wisdom of my doctor who is trained to understand the human body as well as my financial consultant who is trained to understand financial intelligence as well as my marital mentor (who is not even a pastor) because he has ran a successful home for 50 years. As a matter of fact, he doesn’t have to have spent 50 years, if he has got the wisdom for marriage, it is only sane for me to humble myself.
I think the key word here is humility because most of the reasons we are giving for divorce are selfish reasons which may not really hold any water for the discerning and many of the divorce cases are preventable provided we have submitted ourselves to knowledge. Only the truth sets a man free and that truth doesn’t necessarily have to come from the pulpit. It could be in a book or from someone who isn’t even a man of God. That people come every Sunday to worship and God has placed us as their pastors hasn’t made us an island of knowledge because there is a lot to learn from those people as well. If a successful career counselor is a member of your church and has submitted himself to your leadership, I think it is also wise to submit the career decisions of your church members or even your own to his wisdom because he could have been a bishop in his field if it were a church.
I believe we need to pray against this wind of marital divorce, but I think the problem is deeper than prayers. My honest opinion is the need for us to change our approach from church expansion to kingdom expansion and by that, I mean our ability to control the airwaves and what comes out of Nollywood and Hollywood as well as get involved in politics so that we can formulate policies. That way, we would embrace the use of professionals and the super star pressure would have been off a lot of pastors so that they can spend quality time with their spouses and do normal things that a normal human being should do without members wondering if the man is still spiritual. You saw what you liked when you married your babe and proposed to her, which she accepted. So, you need to spend time grooming her as well lest the serpent starts talking to her. Whatever God has joined together, let no congregation put asunder.