- First time Sex – it is normal and common for a woman having Sex for the first time to feel pain because the hy-men is stretched abnormally. It can be very painful too.
- Dryness, no lubrication –when the woman in dry in the vagina, penetration is more than likely to bring sharp pain and even tears. Using a lubricant will help.
- Mental block– Sex could be painful when the woman is not 100% ready for it. She needs to be emotionally and physically involved for it to feel good.
- Infections –some sexually transmitted infections (STIs) like chlamydia, gonorrhoea and genital herpes can cause Sex to be painful
- Menopause –when a woman reaches the menopausal age, her changing hormone levels can make her vag!na dry (atrophic vaginitis), leading to painful Sex. Lubricants will come in handy
- Vaginismus – this is a condition where muscles in or around the vagina shut tightly and make penetration very painful or even totally impossible
- Pel-vic inflammatory disease (PID)– this condition is an infection of the female upper genital tract, including the womb, fallopian tubes and ovaries. It makes Sex painful
- Endometriosis –this is a common condition where tissue that behaves like the lining of the womb (the endometrium) is found outside the w0mb. It leads to painful/heavy menstrual periods, lower abdomen, pelvis and lower back pain, and painful Sex
- Fibroids –non-cancerous growths that develop in or around the womb (uterus), near the vagina or cervix can also cause painful Sex
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) –this common, long-term condition of the digestive system can cause painful Sexy, stomach cramps, bloating, diarrhoea and/or constipation.
- Constipation– this common condition that affects people of all ages causes stools to be hard and lumpy, as well as unusually large or small. It also causes painful Sex
Unless it’s first time Sex, don’t ignore pain during Sex because it may lead to even bigger health challenges in the future.
The bottom line is that painful Sex is not normal and can be treated once you reach the health experts and explain