Don’t we all have friends and family abroad whose utterances, demands and attitude make us suck our teeth or roll our eyes?
Here are some annoying things our friends and family abroad usually do. We still love them though
1. Pretending to be unfamiliar with the local currency
“How much is that in dollars or pounds?” Yeah right ….
2. Pretending they can’t speak the local language
But you just travelled two weeks ago *shocked face* …
3. Deliberately “slanging or slurring” to tell everyone they’ve stayed abroad
Pst! speak Twi make we go …
4. Comparing locally-made international dishes to the ones abroad
“the Pizza crust in Ghana tastes like tea bread “… really bro?
5. Over-judging local foods
“Meanwhile you chop am aa before you left Ghana”
6. Asking family and friends traveling abroad from home to bring with them the weirdest stuff
Can you buy me maggi cubes, mosquito spray/coil, thisway chocolate drink, koobi, silvershine, tampico etc. … Are you not in the land of choices when it comes to brands??
7. Overdressing when they come home
They usually have it at the back of their minds that they are coming home to kill it (fashion-wise) by wearing the trendiest stuff when they come home, ending up over-dressing all the time.
8. Taking the whole country with them back abroad
When Ghanaians abroad visit home and are going back, they take stuff like momoni (rotten fish), maggi cubes, raid mosquito spray etc. Really though? It’s as if they want to take the whole country with them on their way back …
9. Constantly complaining about living standards abroad
Being it snow, taxes, over-working … my brother/sister somebody send you?
10. Exaggerating their cravings for local food
…. “as soon as I get to Ghana, I want Fan Milk, Alvaro” … OK -_-